How to safely use a Thermador oven?
Although safe usage for Thermador ovens is stated in the troubleshooting manual when you first buy the unit, it is still important to know how to use the oven safely. Regardless of how you use the oven, Thermador manufacturers guarantee that with occasional maintenance to the unit, Thermador ovens are engineered to be safe to use. Thus, eliminating the need for consistent Thermador oven repair service. However, that doesn’t mean that homeowners should disregard how to use their oven units as well safely. Oven appliances can easily heat up, and you may burn yourself if you’re not careful. Here are some of the usage tips from the troubleshooting manuals of Thermador ovens:
Safety for Oven
- Tie long hair back, so it doesn’t fall loose.
- Avoid touching the oven’s heating elements or interior surfaces.
- Even though the heating elements are dark in color, they may be hot. The interior surfaces of an oven become sufficiently hot to cause burns.
- Do not touch or allow clothing or other flammable materials to come into contact with the heating elements or the interior surfaces of the oven during or after use until they have had enough time to cool.
- The top and sides of the oven door trim may become hot enough to burn.
- Be cautious when opening the door. Before removing or replacing food, open the door slightly to allow hot air or steam to escape.
- Unopened food containers should not be heated. Pressure buildup may cause the container to burst, causing injury.
- Always position oven racks in desired positions while the oven is cool. If a rack must be moved while the oven is hot, ensure the potholder does not come into contact with the hot heating elements.
- Only use dry pot holders. Moist or damp pot holders on hot surfaces may cause steam burns. Do not let the pot holder come into contact with any hot heating elements. Use a soft cloth rather than a towel.
Safety for Self-cleaning Oven
- Confirm that the door locks will not open after you press START and the door lock icon appears. If the door does not lock, turn the oven off and do not use the Self Clean function.
- Avoid cleaning the door gasket. It is required for a good seal. It is important not to rub, damage, move, or remove the door gasket.
- Do not use any commercial oven cleaners or oven liner protective coatings in or around the oven.
- Only clean the oven components listed in the Thermador oven troubleshooting manual.
- Remove the broiler pan, oven racks, other utensils, and any soft spillage before self-cleaning the oven.
- Listen for a fan sound. During the cleaning cycle, a fan should be heard at times. If no fan can be heard, call for professional help for a Thermador oven repair.
As an additional note, the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act requires businesses to notify customers of the possibility of being exposed to substances known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive harm. Some of the substances on this list are produced by soil removal during self-cleaning. To reduce your exposure to these substances, always use the oven according to the instructions in your current Thermador manual and keep the room well ventilated during and immediately after self-cleaning.
It’s time to stop looking for a “Thermador oven repair service near me” because our repair experts can easily handle that for you. Contact our Thermador Appliance Repair Pros for an oven repair service for your defective oven unit today.
How long do Thermador ovens last?
Pro-style appliances, typically reserved for professional chefs, are specially created to withstand heavy and consistent use and are considered restaurant-grade appliances adapted for residential kitchens. Thermador ovens are expected to last 12 to 15 years and come with a two-year factory warranty on parts and labor. Even with the price tag, many can say that Thermador ovens are quite worth the price because of the 16 cooking modes and other additional features attached.
Do you have a defective Thermador unit at home?
However, even with the hefty price, it is not guaranteed that Thermador units are fool-proof. You might search for “Thermador appliance repair near me” because your kitchen has a faulty Thermador device. You have nothing to worry about because Thermador Appliance Repair Pros provides thorough appliance repair service in Miami. Contact our repair experts today for a fast solution to your faulty Thermador appliances.