When it comes to cooking appliances, there are times that customers tend to compare Wolf vs Thermador Ranges. Each appliance has its unique features, design, and technology, but both provide precise cooking and durable ranges. Both ranges have distinct features, which make them unique.
Although the Thermador range is a high-end and durable range, occasionally, it needs repair. Whether it is a minor problem or a much more complicated fix, a professional and trained Range repair in Chicago will be able to handle the job. They are also certified Thermador Appliance Repair Pros in Chicago who are always available and ready to assist with the repair needs of the appliance.
Throughout the appliance’s lifespan, you may encounter a few issues affecting its performance. Commonly, you will notice that its burners are not working. When this happens, this can affect the cooking routine. It can be frustrating to find out that the cooking appliance is not working and you wouldn’t be able to cook meals, especially during a special occasion.
Suppose you notice that your Thermador appliance is not working. There are different reasons it happens, and resolving this would only need to be maintained properly, especially with its parts and components. Cleaning the appliance would help remove any debris or build-up around the burners and ensure that it is always in top working condition. If the appliance is well-maintained, it also helps to prolong its lifespan and any unnecessary repairs.
Although it is a gas range, the Thermador burner will not work without electricity. The burner igniters need electricity to spark and ignite the burner. Here are some ways to check and ensure that the appliance is receiving sufficient electrical power:
- Check the circuit breakers and make sure that the breaker for the appliance hasn’t tripped and there is no blown fuse.
- Move the stove away from the wall to make sure that it is plugged in properly.
- Refrain from using any extension cord for the appliance. A typical extension cord isn’t safe to accommodate the power needed for the stove.
Clean the Defective Burner
Sometimes, dirty burner mechanisms cause the Thermador burners not to work, especially if they won’t light. This happens when accumulated cooking debris clogs the parts and inhibits the gas flow. Here is a way how to clean the Thermador star burners and their components:
How To Clean the Burner Base
- Make sure that the cooktop is cool.
- Remove the star burner cap and set it aside.
- Using a soft cloth or sponge with warm water and mild dish detergent, clean the base area.
- Use a toothbrush to help gently clean the burner base gas ports. Refrain from scrubbing or scratching.
- Dry the area of the burner thoroughly using a clean cloth.
How to Clean the Burner Cap
- Lift the star burner caps.
- Gently scrub with a soft cloth or sponge with warm water and mild dish detergent. Make sure not to soak the burner caps.
- Rinse it under warm running water.
- Dry the caps thoroughly before replacing them.
How to Clean the Igniter
- Using a Q-Tip, dampen it with water, taking care not to soak it.
- Use the Q-tip and gently wipe away the debris on the igniter.
- Carefully scrape out any stuck-on debris with a toothpick,
- Make sure the igniter is completely dry after cleaning, as a damp igniter won’t be able to spark the burner.
Replacing the Broken Range Igniter
If your Thermador range burners don’t light after troubleshooting, the igniter may already be faulty. A functioning igniter helps to heat up with electrical current and then produces the spark that lights the gas flow when it reaches a certain temperature. As soon as the flame ignites, the electricity to the igniter will shut off automatically. A faulty igniter may have a weak spark to light the gas or no spark. You may hear the igniter of the burner clicking, but the burner won’t ignite. A faulty range igniter won’t be repaired, and it requires replacement. It is better to hire a professional for the job when it comes to this.
If you are still experiencing a problem with the Thermador burners, it would be best to call a professional. Thermador Appliance Repair Pros is here to help you. Our professional repair technician will help you and ensure that the burners of your Thermador appliance will be up and running in no time.